I’ve been wanting to share with all of you that I was just nominated for my very first blog award! Lily Sue over at Lily Sue’s Bites and Brews very kindly spread the blog love my way after she received a nomination for the Liebster blog award!
I started this little ol’ blog (as I like to affectionately refer to it) back in February as a way to share with family and friends our adventures in food as newlyweds, including the amazing meals Vince creates at home. What started out as a way for family and friends to keep up with what was cooking, ended up becoming a part of a wider blogging community that loves food as much as we do! Without all of your support, Vince and I would not have made it through our 28 Day Challenge for instance. This blog has also been a fantastic creative outlet, and I really feel that over time I’ve developed a voice for myself through words that I never thought I would ever have.
The best part about blogging is truly hearing from all of you – through your comments, or when someone texts me to say they loved the last post, or talking at my desk about quinoa – all of it makes it so worthwhile to just, well, keep on blogging!
Part of being nominated for this award is to pass along the blog love. Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Thank and link to the blogger who gave you the award. Once again, many thanks to Lily Sue!
2. Copy and paste the award in your post.
3. Pick 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers to award. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know about their nominations.
As I’m sure many have said before me, this is the hardest part about being nominated because you then have to pass it along to ONLY 5 other blogs. How do you pick?! There are so many blogs I enjoy reading, so much fellow love for food out there, that it was hard to narrow it down, yet alas, here they are.
1) Naoko Eats – A blog I recently discovered since we were both at the same food truck event and we both decided to blog about it 🙂 She visits a lot of places to eat in Toronto that I would love to try soon!
2) Jmoney Rambles – Justin shares a love and passion for food and I enjoy reading his reviews on places he’s eaten at.
3) Red Bike in a Grey World – Britta and I live in the same neighbourhood but her heart is in Vancouver. I enjoy reading about how she’s getting to know Toronto, through food, school, running, etc.
4) The Scrumptious Pumpkin – Jen’s blog is one of my favourite to read because she always has amazing recipes that look delicious and are guilt free. I fairly confident she’s past 200 followers but that”s okay because her blog is pretty awesome and she only started in February!
5) Running to Yoga – This one is a bit biased because Ngan is my bestie, but I love reading her blog and since we became BFF’s from bonding over food, and since she was probably my biggest supporter when I started this blog, these nominations wouldn’t be complete without including her blog…which by the way is awesome. I’m also hoping this nomination will get her to start posting again!
Thanks again to all of you for your constant support and encouragement!
Stay tuned for a super delicious recipe that’s quick and easy and so impressive you could serve it at your next summer cocktail (or beer and wine) party!